History of The Old Mill
The Schomberg Feed MillOpening as a working feed mill in 1884, connected by rail network to the rest of Canada, The Schomberg Feed Mill was the Main Street supply store servicing farmers in the surrounding countryside. The Schomberg Feed Mill, now home to The Scruffy Duck Restaurant, still stands on its original footprint. The feed mills original structure is still centrally located in the town of Schomberg, representing a connection between the past and present and always a favourite place for King Township residentsand tourists to visit.
1884- Mill opens
Built in 1884 by Anderson Tegart, The Old Schomberg Feed Mill originally operated until 1927 when the lower cost of trucking straight to market became more advantageous. Since it’s closing, it has been home to many shops and restaurants, a few of which are still open to this day.
Late 1980’s –
For over 25 years Sheena’s Kitchen was the spot in Schomberg to drink tea and savour simple lunches. A place to sit and chat with friends over Sheena Henderson’s famous Lemon Cake, quiches and hearty stews. Situated within the original Schomberg Feed Mill building, the tea room closed after Sheena’s retirement, her lemon cake still a secret recipe.
In 2008, The Scruffy Duck officially opened
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 905-939-7772
357 Main Street,